Large Chicken Coop
This is our best selling coop. The built in run makes it spacious for your chickens. If you are looking for a high quality, large chicken coop, perfectly designed to accommodate up to 12 small and 8 large birds (as specified by the RSPCA guidelines – 12″ x 12″/Bird), and keep them housed in a safe and secure environment, you have come to the right place.
Features of the Large Chicken Coop
- Manufactured from Kiln dried and plained 10mm Firwood which has been treated with a base coat of animal-friendly wood preservative stain, both inside and out, to help keep your coop in optimal condition, as well as a water-based anti fungicidal treatment to help prevent bacteria buildup.
- Cleaning is easy, we have included a slide-out metal floor for you. The metal makes it easy to clean and prevents the buildup of bacteria. Being able to slide the entire floor of the coop out from the front makes daily cleaning an easy task. You no longer have to try and get inside your coop to do the cleaning.
- This spacious chicken coop has a side-swappable nest box which can be placed on either the left-hand side or the right-hand side. This extra space also allows you to add an optional 2nd nest box, so you could have one on the left-hand side of the coop and the right-hand side as well.
- The front and back doors to the chicken coop have hinged fox-proof locks, keeping your chickens safe and secure.
- The door is a large 30cm x 30cm, and the front door has an access ramp, making it as easy as possible for your birds to get in and out of the coop.
- With an adjustable 4 position vent at the top of the coop, you can get that important extra ventilation running through the coop to keep your birds comfortable and healthy.
- *NOTE: We highly recommend that you check the dimensions to ensure that this coop is the correct size for the number of birds you plan on having. The number we suggest is a guideline only. Check the dimensions of both the run and the housing, to ensure that you are happy with the size.
- This large chicken coop is compatible with our 8/12 bird hen run too, you can place it at the front or back door of your coop, giving your birds an easily accessible run space to get exercise next to their coop. The bird hen run has fox-proof metal wire to ensure the safety of your birds.
Taking Care of your Large Chicken Coop
- We recommend using a high-quality wood preservative, varnish, roof sealer, or water repellant. Apply on the week of purchase and/or before heavy rain. Pay particular attention to all of the roof edges, eves, and all joints, this will waterproof your coop and prevent the wood from swelling.
- It is important that you clean out the coop and treat the wood regularly, if this isn’t done, the wood can become brittle and unsightly.
- Apply additional coats of wood preserver if the run is going to be kept outside.
- To ensure your run continues to look great, position it in a protected area that is not fully exposed to the elements.
- Remember to only use non-toxic, animal-friendly cleaning and treatment products.
Delivery in 1-3 Working Days
To view our Full Range of Coops, click below:
*Send us 5 pictures of the assembled product via WhatsApp or email, for €20 Store Credit, Free! Pictures may be used for promotional purposes.