8 Bird Coop
Our 8 bird large hen/chicken coop accommodates up to 8 birds as specified by the RSPCA guidelines – 12″ x 12″/Bird. This keeps them safe and secure in a fully functional chicken coop. See all of the great features below that make it easy for you to maintain.
- Made from Kiln dried and plained 10mm Firwood, which has been specially treated with a water-based anti fungicidal coating.
- Plus, an animal and environmentally friendly wood preservative both inside and out to keep your coop in the best possible condition while helping to prevent bacterial buildup.
PLEASE NOTE: THE OPTIONAL HEN RUN IS NOT FLUSH AGAINST THE COOP. ONE-INCH OVERLAP.
- It has a full metal floor which prevents bacteria from building up, and the entire metal floor can slide out from the coop, meaning you don’t have to try and get inside the coop to clean it out. You can simply pull the floor out and give it a thorough cleaning from the outside.
- Side-swappable nest box, you can place it on either the left side of the coop or the right side, or if you want to purchase an additional nest box.
- Both the front and back doors of this coop are 30cm x 30cm, offering plenty of space for your birds to get in and out.
- The doors also have easy access ramps to make it even easier for your birds.
- Adjustable, 4 position vent, making sure your birds benefit from that extra ventilation.
- Hinged fox-proof locks on both the front and back doors, you know your chickens are safe and secure.
If you want to add a safe place for your birds to exercise, then you will be pleased to know that our 8/12 bird hen run is compatible with this chicken coop. Simply place it at the front or back door and your birds have an easily accessible safe space to exercise right next to their coop.
Taking Care of your Chicken Coop
- We recommend using a high-quality wood preservative, varnish, roof sealer, or water repellant. Apply on the week of purchase and/or before heavy rain. Pay particular attention to all of the roof edges, eves, and all joints, this will waterproof your coop and prevent the wood from swelling.
- It is important that you clean out the coop and treat the wood regularly, if this isn’t done, the wood can become brittle and unsightly.
- Apply additional coats of wood preserver if the run is going to be kept outside.
- To ensure your run continues to look great, position it in a protected area that is not fully exposed to the elements.
- Remember to only use non-toxic, animal-friendly cleaning and treatment products.
Delivery in 1-3 Working Days
To view our Full Range of Coops, click below: